Monday, January 31, 2011

Don't hide your love away.

This weekend was so nice. I got to spend a lot of time with my family and it felt so good to be surrounded by people that I love. As I get older, I cherish the time that we get to spend together. I was watching The Trouble With Angels the other day and it made me cry so hard. The movie is supposed to be a comedy about two trouble making girls who are sent to a convent-school. In the end, they grow to become well-rounded ladies, leaving their mischievous ways behind. This movie reminds me so much of my Grandma Kurtz and my Grammie. Usually on Saturdays, my sister and I would stay the night at my Grandma Kurtz's place and watch old movies like By The Light of the Silvery Moon, With Six You Get Eggroll, Good News, The Trouble With Angels - classic June Allyson, Peter Lawford, Doris Day, Hayley Mills films (just to name only a few). It reminded me of my Grammie because my Grammie loved Hayley Mills.

Watching this movie made me realize that time goes by so quickly. You live in these moments of spending Saturday nights watching black and whites, thinking they'll last forever. Before you know it, both of your grandma's are gone, and time is still ticking. Losing my grandmothers so close together has really effected me deeply. 2009 till now have been some of the hardest years of my lives. I lost my Grandma Kurtz on the Christmas before 09' (literally on the 25th), I lost my Grammie that June, I lost my Job in June of 2010 and I lost my Guinea Pig, Sire Boo Pig Mallion, just when the weather started to get cold in 2010 (I know you're thinking that he's just a guinea pig, but I really, really, really loved him). I've been having a hard time keeping my anxiety and sadness in check, and that's why I say family is so important. They love you even when you're a blubbering, stressed-out mess. They don't get fed up with you and they help ease your sad feelings. Family = the ultra in awesome.

In other news, I have noticed that I have started to develop a weird obsession. I cannot stop taking pictures of cats. Here's a few recent obsessive shots I've taken:

(Ashley's Cat, Ginger)

 (Ashley's Cat, Woody)



 (Mom's Cat, Figaro)

(Our Kitty (Nick and I), Harriet Tubman)

Cats are excellent. I guess you could call me the "cat-tographer".

xo

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I found your blog post through a Google Alert I had set up on my name and I just had to comment. I noticed "Grandma Kurtz" (I have one of those, too), and that you had a guinea pig (I've had a bunch and adore them, they're never "just" guinea pigs!), and I think those are a lot of coincidences for us not to know one another.

    I hope that life has turned sunnier for you in the past couple of weeks, in any event. :)

    ReplyDelete