Friday, November 12, 2010

Sounds Like Fall

So I wanted to take a little time to do a entry about some jams that I'm really loving for November (and hopefully you will too!).

White Hinterland Kairos

I have been enjoying White Hinterland's Kairos since the last weekend in October.
This is such a phenomenal record, that it completely passes up their last release, Phylactery Factory (released in 2008, with the hit "Dreaming of the Plum Trees" - however, not saying that record was nothing short of great either). Some of my favorite tracks off this album include: "Icarus", "Bow & Arrow" and "Cataract". I posted a very brief update about this great album on my other blog, which you can check out by clicking here! In short, this album provides a very earthy, melodic, vintage feel that smothers you when you listen to it - great for fall.

White Rabbits Fort Nightly

Everyone is aware of the White Rabbit's release on It's Frightening titled, "Percussion Gun". I believe, that for most people, this might overshadow their fantastic album Fort Nightly. I started going back through some of my favorite albums that I discovered in fall of 2007 and this one stuck out to me. Even though this album was released in May of 2007, I believe that most great albums take a little while to titrate through the music community - even for experienced users (hehe). If you're looking to add hits from this album into your November playlist, I would recommend "Kid On My Shoulders" and "The Plot"; but definitely check out the whole album.

Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin Let It Sway

Yes, I'm perfectly aware that you've probably already been beaten to death by your local/satellite radio stations with hits off of this album, but I cannot ignore a really incredible album just because the radio destroyed it (or atleast, tried to). This album, if it had a taste, would taste like the mild air of Fall. Really great vocals, really great instrumentals, I know that once you get a chance to listen to this album in it's entirety, you'll thank me. Suggested jams off this album: "Back in the Saddle", "Stuart Gets Lost Dans le Metro", "In Pairs", "All Hail Dracula!" and of course, "Sink/Let It Sway".

I had some honorable mentions, but I'm thinking that I'm going to save them for next month - because around Thanksgiving, we're all going to want to kill ourselves from listening to much Christmas music.

Au revoir! xo

3 comments:

  1. Good post! I'll have to check those jams out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) They're really good, and I think you'll really like them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out my blog! I gave you a shout out!

    ReplyDelete